CEPS is aware that its operations have an impact on the quality of the environment. The company’s development is based on aligning its economic growth with environmental protection.
In carrying on its business, CEPS is aware of its responsibility to the future generations. The path to the application of this responsibility is set out in its Quality, safety and environmental protection policy, which also declares the company’s endeavor to continuously pursue environmentally-friendly business and to create the conditions for environmental improvements.
The company’s management has set the following profile of the presentation, monitoring and evaluation of the indicators that are environmentally important in connection with the company’s business.
- Monitor levels of hazardous substances in water when disposing of used water after overload tests, pressure-induced repair, and pipeline repair, and always proceed so as to prevent soil, groundwater and surface water contamination.
- Not to allow, at any of our sites where we work with water in a pipeline after a longer time of its operation, concentration of pollutants (with the exception of iron) in released water higher than 90% of the permissible level required by the Government Order that sets out continuous emission loads on surface water. Always document the meeting of this requirement by a wastewater analysis carried out by a certified laboratory.
- In excavation work, provide for careful treatment of stripped topsoil and deposit it on a site separate from other soil.
- Monitor and meter the quantity of the fuels used in our work with a view to controlling the exploitation of natural resources and mitigating the load on the environment.
- Provide periodical maintenance of vehicles and other mechanisms in authorized service shops to minimize air pollution by emissions from transport vehicles and machinery and to prevent spillage of operating fluids, in particular oil products.
- Monitor, and have periodically checked by an authorized person, pollutant release into the air from fixed sources of heat in our buildings.
- Monitor and measure the consumption of organic dyes and solvents; maximize the use of water soluble dyes.
- Reduce the production of wastes and environmental pollution. Provide for safe waste disposal, including disposal by authorized companies.
- In all lines of business and operations, work to the requirements of ISO 14001. Provide for environmental protection and keep the required procedures to prevent complaints against the company’s environmental behavior and penalization of the company.
- Reduce energy consumption in operations with the help of energy saving appliances and systems. Monitor and evaluate energy consumption in operations (water, gas, electricity).
- Provide for regular training and education of employees as one of the ways helping to minimize the risks of damage to the environment.
- Preferentially select subcontractors who are certified under ISO 14001 and environmentally-minded. Select suppliers of equipment and services that have an impact on the environment against the criteria that have been put in place, and continuously review their competences and qualifications.
The company’s management fully subscribe to the principles set out in this Environmental profile and undertake to create the conditions and provide the resources for the profile to be consistently and continuously pursued.
CEPS hereby undertakes to execute each of the elements of its environmental profile. The results of internal audits and analyses, and findings from certification audits, shall be discussed by the company’s management on an ongoing basis with a view to continuous improvements in the company’s environmental practices.